So, here you are. You’ve moved your life to a new city or state, and the hardest parts of relocating are behind you. While you should enjoy a little peace of mind after all of your hard work, your job is not complete until you settle in and make your new living environment feel like home. After the move, follow the tips below from the Shannon Holmes Team, and you’ll be cozy in your new home and community in no time!
Local Government Agencies to Contact After the Move
First, find any government agencies you need to contact in order to set up your new life.
- Change your license and registration at the DMV office nearest to your home.
- If you haven’t already, notify the postal service of your new address and forward all of your mail.
- Connect with the local visitor center to learn some introductory information about your new city.
- If you’re an entrepreneur, be sure to contact the local chamber of commerce to start networking with professionals and see what resources are available to you.
Home Improvement Professionals to Contact After the Move
Chances are there is a change or two that you would like to make to your new home. Here are some of the types of professionals to consider hiring in your area:
- Look online to find a reputable lawn care company that can ensure your landscaping stays in pristine shape.
- If your home needs a fresh coat of paint on the interior or exterior, consider hiring a painter to handle it for you.
- For simple repairs, find a local handyman you can keep on call. You will want to connect with a general contractor for more extensive jobs.
- And if you want your home to look as clean and tidy as possible without spending hours upon hours doing it yourself, hire a professional organizer to come in!
- Make sure to purchase a good home warranty to help cover the cost of any repairs you encounter. Read home warranty reviews to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
Quality of Life After the Move
Lastly, make sure your entire family quickly settles into your new city by researching the local amenities!
- Experiment with various restaurants in your community; try at least five establishments in your first month!
- Find a fitness center that is near your home or work so that you can maintain your self-care routine.
- Make sure you know where the nearest hospitals and doctors’ offices are so that you can prepare for emergencies and smoothly transition to your new healthcare teams.
- Moreover, find out what grocery stores and pharmacies are near your home.
See, that wasn’t so bad! With all the work you’ve already done to get your family from your old home to your new one, you should be able to knock out the items on this list in no time. Then, you’ll be able to rest easy and take your time exploring everything your new community has to offer!
Shannon Holmes Team can help you find the perfect new Birmingham home — all you need to do is get in touch. Give us a call at 205-706-3975.
Image via Unsplash